I too received some goodies from Vegit!
When I first heard of the name halwa mix with potato flakes, I was a little skeptical, but when I looked into the ingredients and preparation time I was very happy.
After trying it out, the taste was good and very handy if you need to make some dessert for sudden guests!
I had to make a twist recipe out of the halwa so i thought of making sweet pancakes or Paniyarams (Tamil).
2 cups idly batter
1 cup halwa mix
1 tbsp grated coconut
2-3 tbsp sugar
oil or ghee for frying
Add the halwa mix to the idly batter and add required amount of water for a smooth batter. Add the rest of the ingredients and leave it for 10 minutes. If the batter gets thick some more water can be added. Heat the Pancake mold. Add ghee to the mold and make pancakes. Lovely golden brown crispy pancakes are ready! Kids will love this.
But I liked the original halwa :) better than the twist!
Here’s Vegit Christmas Halwa cake recipe for you by Brand Chef Arun Kumar, Zambar.
Vegit Halwa mix :500g
Grated Coconut : 200 g
Cardamom Powder : a dash
Cashew Nuts: 12 - 15
Raisins/Sultana: 12 – 15
Candied Fruit : 100g
Icing Sugar: 250g
Water:Enough to mix Halwa and Icing Sugar
1. Take 500g Halwa mixture. Add 200 g Grated Coconut, 2 teaspoons cardamom powder and prepare Halwa by either of the 2 methods mentioned on packet.
2. Mix in the Cashew Nuts, Raisins/Sultanas, Candied Fruits (save some for garnishing)
3. Press the above mixture into an appropriate cake mould and overturn
4. Mix icing sugar with water gently, stirring to avoid lumps, to get a thick pouring consistency
5. Pour over the un-moulded ‘cake’, sprinkle some candied fruit and allow to set
Celebrate this Christmas and New Year in Vegit – “Hamara Mix, Aapka Twist style.”
More Vegit recipes are on their way.....